An easy 2 hour drive from the Midlands, it’s no wonder that Weston Super Mare was one of our favourite beach destinations year after year during my childhood.
I was delighted to join my 6 year old son this week on a school trip to Weston, it was great to forward plan for our summer holiday road trip we’re organising to Weston this summer.
Top things to do in Weston
- Donkey rides – reasonably priced and a lovely experience for kids.
- The beach – the kids had so much fun playing and being creative with the and. My favourite was burying our legs in the sand and creating mermaid tails with the shells for decoration.
- The sea – you can beat a paddle and a little wave jumping whatever the weather.
- The Weston train, there’s a little kids train you can get on and do a bit of sight seeing. Fun and very reasonable – just £1.50 for adults.
- The museum has recently been refurbed and is FREE!
There are so many more things to do in Weston, these are some of our favourites and most reasonable.
So what did the kids say?
Kane is 6 and this is what he had to say about his trip to Weston Super Mare.
I loved playing football on the beach. I also liked making castles. I saw the donkeys that I liked, i’d like to go on these the next time I go. I liked looking at the sea. I loved seeing the animals when we were on the coach going to Weston. I found lots of shells on the beach while I was playing.
There are so many wonderful beaches in the UK. We look forward to exploring some more after our trip to Weston this August.